Saturday, January 18, 2014

December 15th, 2013 Mandalay

3AM  I arrived at Mandalay with a couple and an Asian girl who went their separate ways.  I took refuge in a hotel for a couple of hours before getting on a motorcycle to the shore at 5PM.  An old lady would take me for 20,000 MMKs.  I took the motorcycle driver's offer instead at 15 USDs.









9AM  We arrived at Miguin, which took over an hour!  It wad worth it though.  I got back at 10AM and then went to Shwenandaw, which was 10 USDs for many sites but I could only do the wooden apartment for 10 USDs because there wasn't enough time.










12:30PM  I finished with Kuthodaw Paya, which has 700 plus book plaques and took the cab driver's offer for 15 USDs.  I thought I was going to be much closer to U-bein bridge but I couldn't even see it on the high way.  I was pretty disappointed knowing the pictures would've been good.  I paid just 10 USDs, 300 MMKs and what is left of my entry ticket to the parks.

2:10PM  I checked in, without knowing our flight was going to be delayed 6 hours.  There was snow in Kunming.  I chitchatted with some Chinese people.  The flight finally left at 10PM.  I could've gone to the U-bein bridge!!! Agh!


No comments:

Post a Comment