Saturday, January 18, 2014

December 17th, 2013 Dali, Lijiang

6:40AM I woke and tried to wake the girl downstairs by 7.  She didn't until 7:30 and led me out.  Bus number 2 didn't come so I asked to share a cab with a girl for 20 CNYs.  蒼山洱海 seriously was not anything special.


9AM I got to 崇聖寺.  It wasn't anything special either.  It was especially annoying to find most of it being new.


11AM I finished and went back to the old town for some 耙肉餌絲.  It was basically 米线 with the same soup.  The meat in 米线, I was told, is spicier while the meat in 餌絲 is more blended.  The noodle here is more chewy.









12PM I got back and left Luxi's home.  I was too lazy to listen to her advice, telling me to go all the way back to old town again to buy the ticket there.  I thought there would be a train leaving from Kunming at 8, which would get here around 3.  I guess it gets here and stays until 5 and goes with the same 10 o'clock train I took yesterday.  I took a bus for an hour to the train station.  Unfortunately, the only train leaving in the afternoon is at 5:10PM.  Reluctantly, I bought the ticket for 77.5 CNYs. I couldn't bear staying at the station for four more hours.  So I paid 2.5 CNYs to store my luggage and took a bus back to Dali.



2PM  I got back in just about an hour.  I went and stuffed myself with street food on the walking streets.

3:50 PM  I waited for about 10 minutes.  The third bus was the charm with the same driver that took me to the station 3 hours ago.

4:20PM  I got to the bus station in an hour and the train left at 5.

7PM  My train arrived.  I waited for 30 minutes with a couple of girls at the bus station and arrived at Lijiang at 9PM.  They were thinking about sharing a car to Shangri-la but because they were taking a 2 day trip, I declined.

9PM  I settled on a nice room for 100 CNYs.  They said it is a discount from 120.

11PM  I had a beer at the bar street.  There were a lot of bars so I didn't know which one to go into.  They closed at 11:30PM.  I went to this underground bar and was basically forced into buying 2 drinks for this girl.  The waiters were trying to embarrass me when I was going to buy for myself.  I had to feel bad for this other guy who bought over 1200 CNYs worth of drinks for the same girls.  I left after finding out one of the girls was married.  There were a lot of hookers available because I kept getting asked that.


No comments:

Post a Comment