Saturday, January 18, 2014

December 16th, 2013 Dali

1AM We arrived and each got 200 CNYs as compensation.  Well, some people weren't happy...

3AM They sent us to the train station to look for hotels but I went to look for a train ticket.  There was one at 8AM but it takes around 8 hours.  I opted to follow a man who said there would be a 4 hour bus for 140 CNYs.  I agreed and walked with him for several blocks.  After paying, I went to look for 福照樓.  It was closed until 9AM of course.  I walked back and took the bus, which didn't leave until an hour after at 7.

9AM I woke up, finding that we were asked to turn back 40 minutes onto the highway.  I grouped with 2 other guys from 贵州.  We bought a ticket for 105 CNYs.  I paid 100 because I didn't have change.  They found that I am American from my passport.

10:20AM I ran to get 汽鍋雞 but they only had 涼米線 at the time.  I bought it and ran back.

11:30AM  I got back at 11 but they didn't leave until half past.  I should've gotten 汽鍋雞 and may have made it.

6PM  I arrived at Dali.  Awesome!  I took a bus for 40 minutes to old town and had myself some 白族酸辣魚.  Sichuan fish is better in my opinion, especially because this gave me 3 episodes of diarrhea.  I got some travel info from the people at my table, who told me to go to 蒼山 and 三塔.  I then had a massage with fish.  It made me laugh a lot but I had to leave because I had my second episode of diarrhea at Kaiyi's kitchen.  I had some hot milk tea there.

10PM  My host came to the foreigner's street for some food and I had a watermelon juice.





No comments:

Post a Comment