Tuesday, March 19, 2024

December 16th, 2023 Leptis Magna, Libya

9AM We started our day with a visit to Martyr's Square, taking in its sights under the morning light. This was followed by a two-hour drive to the ancient city of Leptis Magna.

Martyr's Square

12PM Leptis Magna was big. It had two large forums, pools, bathhouses, and a grand theater. We drove to the eastern side to see the two lighthouse ruins, the amphitheater, and the race track. We spent two and a half hours there.




2:30PM We finished and left for lunch. We waited 30 minutes to get food at this restaurant off the highway. I had lamb couscous.

6PM We arrived back at the Al Aseel Hotel. I had a mixed grill and a vegetable soup there. Remember when Christabel said we couldn't leave the hotel at night. Well, I asked and I could. I ventured out for a walk to Martyr's Square. The night was quiet with all the shops closed, and my walk was cut short by a sudden downpour, prompting me to return to the hotel,

No comments:

Post a Comment