Tuesday, March 19, 2024

December 14th, 2023 Sabratha and Tripoli, Libya

3:30AM The wake-up call roused me. I quickly took the hotel shuttle to the airport, spending the next two hours in the lounge before our 6AM departure to Tripoli.

9:45AM Landing in Libya marked my final continental African destination. There was a brief delay at customs; they scrutinized my visa and held me up until my tour guide, Mahmoud, along with the tourist police, came to my aid. 

11AM We set out for Sabratha, a mesmerizing coastal ruin just west of Tripoli.

4PM Our exploration concluded and we headed back to Tripoli for dinner. The meal lasted 1.5 hours, capped off with a shared kunafa for dessert. I would have preferred to go see the old city in daylight.

6PM We toured the old city, later driving to the Green Square. I arrived back at the hotel at 9PM.



No comments:

Post a Comment