Tuesday, November 23, 2021

July 31st, 2021 Strandarkirkja, Iceland

6AM I left for Strandarkirkja, the white church southeast of the Buuble Hotel. The drive was 50 minutes. I took some decent shots with the wide angle. I took flyby videos with my drone. I then started driving back and picked up Paoula a little after 10AM.




10:30AM We drove back to Reykjavik to get a COVID test for tomorrow. The line took 30 minutes and then we drove to the Blue Lagoon. We arrived at 2PM. It was good and offered us a drink and 2 masks for the premium package.

3:30PM We couldn’t stay very long. The car rental company forced us to return the car and threatened to call the police if I returned the car late. I drove Paoula to Park Inn but couldn’t check her in.

4:20PM I started driving to Reykjavik and got take out from both Þrír frakkar and the Old Islandic Restaurant. Both are acutally small restaurants with great reviews. I arrived back at the rental company at 6:45PM. I had a small argument with the sales agent and left in short order. I walked a little before getting a ride from a Polish couple.

6PM I arrived back at the hotel and Paoula was already checked in. She was very upset and accused me of getting a single room. She thought she had paid for the room. She wanted a confession of some sort and wanted to stop me from going to the old manager downstairs. I went down and the manager said her debit card was just put on for deposit. Paoula did calm down eventually and realized that there were no issues and most of this resulted from the debacle that is when the rental company refused to render service for an extra day.

8PM We had the takeout which was whale and smoked puffin from Þrír frakkar and a seafood soup from the Old Icelandic Restaurant. We bought some sodas from the nearby grocery store and went to bed at 10PM.

Puffin

Whale

No comments:

Post a Comment