Tuesday, November 23, 2021

July 28th, 2021 Hengifoss, Hverir, Vok Bath and Husavik, Iceland

6AM I woke to drive to Hengifoss. This was definitely a difficult hike, about 4 kilometers. The first half was manageable. The second half was more and more difficult, without a real path. It was like walking in nature. At the end, it was just rocks and water. I took the drone up. What a mistake! I flew it out of range, without satellites. The drone was right in front of the fall when it lost RC signal. I walked to where I thought the drone was, right in front of the fall. There was no way I could find it without risking injury and taking a long time. Seeing that there is no path, and the visibility was awful, I turned around.

9AM I gave up and started walking back. The hike was another hour. The drone couldn’t be located on the way. I met a few couples who said they would look out for it. I started driving back to Hotel Alder at 11AM and arrived an hour and half later.


11:30AM I picked up Paoula and we had a coffee there and continued onward to Lake Matyn. It was a long drive. We stopped briefly at Rjukandi on the way. I ordered another DJI from Reykjavik on the phone to be delivered at Husavik the very next day.



3PM We stopped briefly at Hverir Geothermal Area, followed by a stop at the Game of Thrones cave.

4PM We had a bath at Lake Myvatn. Paoula liked the Vok Bath the best.

8PM We started driving to Husavik and arrived at 9PM to have dinner. Paoula wanted to watch whales tomorrow. I found 2 tour companies, neither had space today or tomorrow morning. There was supposed to be a 9:30PM but we were the only ones there so the evening tour was canceled. Both companies had tours in the morning so we planned to have Paoula waiting it out in the morning to try to get on a boat if someone cancels.


No comments:

Post a Comment