Tuesday, November 23, 2021

July 29th, 2021 Hljooaklettar, Hverfjall and Aldeyjarfoss, Iceland

6AM I woke up and drove to Hljooaklettar. The caves were a small hike away from the parking lot. However, I missed "the church" and had to redo the path in order to take photos. I didn't have enough time to go to Dettifoss and proceeded to drive back to Husavik.

Hljooaklettar

12PM I arrived back Husavik to pick up my new drone. Paoula returned from her whale watching trip shortly after and we checked out of the Husavik Explorer Apartment Hotel. We then started driving toward the Krafla crater.

2PM We arrived at the Krafla crater. I flew the drone up. It was not very impressive. At this time, I noticed that I misplaced my swimsuit. Fortunately, it was found at the Lake Matyn bath. I relocated it and we continued onward to Hverfjall crater. It only took less than 10 minutes to hike and I took some drone videos.

5PM We continued onward to the Dimmuborgir lava field. I tried to fly the drone as low as possible.

Dimmuborgir lava field


6PM We continued driving toward Gooafoss. It was mediocre and just off the road.


7PM We arrived at the Aldeyjarfoss, the circular and symmetrical waterfall. The hike only took 10 minutes. I flew the drone directly above the waterfall. We spent 40 minutes here. Paoula enjoyed it and I do think it's probably in the top 5 falls even though it was clear that not many tourists visit here.

Aldeyjarfoss

8PM Paoula drove us through Akureyri and to Blonduos. We had dinner at Eyri Restaurant Veitingahus. It was 10PM when we had dinner. We had some dried fish. The bartender farms sheep and we had some of his smoked sheep as well. He even made us his creative drink as a compliment. For dessert, we had rhubarb cake. It was a nice touch. Paoula drove the rest of the way to Blonduos.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment