Tuesday, November 23, 2021

July 30th, 2021, Grafarkirkja, Kalfshamarsvík, Ingjaldsholskirkja, Budir, Iceland

6AM I left for Grafarkirkja, the oldest turf church in Iceland. The weather was misty and as a result, I didn't even bother to take the drone out for a flyby.  I then drove back past Blonduos to reach Kalfshamarsvík. This took almost 2 hours. The coastal locations tend to be foggier, I have noticed. I realized the next day when we were leaving that there were two Hvitserkurs, one was the actual site, which I missed here right next to Blonduos and one is a place close to Reykjavik. It was a shame I had missed it.

Kalfshamarsvík

11PM I arrived back to the Bohemian Cabin at Blonduos to pick up Paoula. She gave me a very nice surprise and decorated the room with balloons. We then started driving down to the Lake Matyn area again. 

Blonduos

2PM We drove past Kirkjufell and found Ingjaldsholskirkja, the white church at the end.

3PM We reached Budir, the black church. Surprisingly enough, there were many visitors here for photos. We missed a few turns. 

6PM We were fighting time. I spent 15 minutes at Eldborg with drone photos only as it was about 2 kilometers away from the main road.


Eldborg crater


8:30PM Though the restaurant stated it was going to be full, Ingolfsskali was actually completely empty. No wonder they had no issues when we told them that we were going to be half an hour late.

10PM We reached Buubble. There was no reception and we had pay 7500 ISK for someone to lead us in.


No comments:

Post a Comment