Tuesday, November 23, 2021

July 27th, 2021 Svinafjellsjokull, Vestrahorn, Eystrahorn

5AM I woke at 5 AM and started driving back towards the glaciers. It took 1 hour and 30 minutes to get back to the glaciers. I arrived at around 7AM. This was definitely the place that Mads Iversen took his photos. I took several shots and flew the drone into the glacier for the panorama.

Svinafjellsjokull

7:30AM It took another one and a half hour to drive to Vestrahorn. The Viking film set was on site. The admission cost was 900 ISK. I have a latte for 850 ISK. I recognized the Viking film set from the TV series. I walked for the photo vantage point but didn't go all the way to the observatory. As Iversen had mentioned in his Youtube video, there were many interrupting clouds that made taking photos challenging.

Vestrahorn

Endalausidalur Peaks

10AM I started driving back to Paoula. I stopped for a couple more photos on the way of some intervening landscapes. I arrived a little bit after 11AM and Paula had all the bags in the waiting area because we had already been kicked out of our room. She kept a box of breakfast for me but she forgot plasticware. She said that she was doing something very kind and sweet. It was okay because the hotel didn't have any either.

Intervening landscape

1PM We arrived at Eystrahorn but couldn't find a good angle. We drove back a little more and found where Iversen took his photos. The rocks were a little slippery but I did manage. The photos were less dramatic because the tides weren't high.

Nearby Eystrahorn



5:30PM We passed Foldafoss and the number of other unnamed and named waterfalls in the mountains on the way to Hengifoss. We stopped by the gas station just before the fall and had three scoops of ice cream for 850 ISK. The flavors were apple coconut and pecan. I arrived at Hengifoss but there was too much rain. We decided to pass and go to the geothermal Spa. It was decent.


8PM We drove to the Nordic Restaurant. They had reindeer there. It tasted like minced beef meat. After dinner, we began driving to The Cliff Hotel. The Clift Hotel was 1 and 1/2 hours away from Seydisfjordur. It looks like the drive was going to be difficult. I called booking.com for a refund since the Clift Hotel was not answering their phone. We then managed to find a spare room at Hotel Alder with two separate beds. Paoula was very grateful that we didn't have to drive 1.5 hours at midnight. We went to bed at 1AM.


No comments:

Post a Comment