Tuesday, August 27, 2013

July 5th, 2013 Cayenne

5AM We left to a popular club that we have been at since 1AM. There were many Dutch women interning here..
5:15AM Yahzaaf's cab buddy took 3 hours to drive to Saint-Laurent, where I got through without a visa.  It, is technically still French, the only one of the three Ghanas to stay somewhat colonial.
7:30AM I took the small ferry over to save some money (20 vs 30 SRDs). I ended up just paying 12.5 SRDs and 100 GYDs. However, it costs 40 EURs to go to Cayenne and we didn't leave until 11.
2PM I arrived at Cayenne but Adrian was still not reachable. I stored my luggage at a Chinese grocery and then went to take some pictures.



5PM Adrian was still not reachable. I walked all over town and was done with pictures. I walked back to the bus stops next to the canal and they stopped service to St. George. Very fortunately, Laurent replied to my email and agreed to host me.
7PM Laurent picked me up from Best Western to go to his very nice flat, where I had my own room.
10PM We talked some about my trip to Brazil and I booked my ticket 3 days from now. They invited me to their company party and I accepted. There was some food and the French people were pleasant to talk to.

No comments:

Post a Comment