Saturday, August 10, 2013

July 3rd, 2013 Georgetown

4AM  We left again, crossed with a ferry, over many bridges.  I haven't had any food, just waiting to arrive at G/town. The mosquitoes in Venezuela killed me. I can't really tell whether I'm sick or not. The swelling has gone slight better since 4 days ago.  I wished I could have taken the plane yesterday.  That would have saved me a day.
1PM  I am still on the road.  It looks like I won't get there until 2 or so.   The road has been paved since we got to Linden, which made things a lot more comfortable.
2PM  I arrived and got Tina's number from using CS in an internet cafe.  I think I drank too much water and haven't had enough salt.  I bought a 1 liter Pepsi and a peanut punch for 380 GYDs.  The peanut punch was pretty good at 140 GYDs.






5PM  I walked past St. George's cathedral and then to Stabroek Market, where I changed some money and met Curwin.
7PM  I decided to pay the 8000 GYDs for the bus to Paramaribo tomorrow morning.  I then took a taxi for 400 GYDs.






8PM  I met with Tina, a pretty young lady working for peace corps out of Sacramento.   She showed me some good Guyanese food, which unbeknownst to me was just West Indies food, a derivative from Indian food.




9PM  Her English friend showed up and they left to drink with the new peace corps members.

No comments:

Post a Comment