Saturday, August 10, 2013

July 2nd, 2013 Santa Elena, Boa Vista, Bonfim, Lethem

6AM  We arrived at the border city of Santa Elena.  The two young men from Australia got off at their hostel to climb Mout Ranaima.   I didn't have any VEFs left so they helped me with the taxi.  I gave him the dollar on me and a picture from Macccu Pichu.
6:30AM  The taxi got me to the border, which was quite away.  They searched me thoroughly. It was the the first time I had someone go through my wallet.  After they were done with me, I waited outside for a stamp on my passport until 8:30.
9AM  I got to the Brazilian side of Santa Elena and when I was using the bathroom, the taxis left for Boa Vista.  Nothing went directly to Bonfim. I waited an hour for a shared taxi to Boa Vista at 25 BRLs.
1PM  I arrived at the taxi station to Bonfim but had to wait another hour to get 5 people on the shared taxi. 3:40PM  I arrived at Lethem after crossing the border.   Luckily, the health officer didn't enforce the yellow fever requirement.  But there were no more flights today as I was forced to ride the minibus for 14 hours plus 13,000 GYDs.
6PM  We left.  The road surely bumpy.    Nothing is paved and we stopped several times with police.


11PM  We had to stop at the reserve because no crossing was allowed at night.  I slept in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment