Saturday, August 10, 2013

July 1st, 2013 Puerto Ordaz

7AM  I woke only to sleep again until 8:30AM.  I paid the 1300 VEFs remaining for the trip yesterday. I guess they were on to me because another guide asked me later.


Caniama Airport

10AM I arrived at the airport to wait for the plane departing at 11AM. The airport, which I didn't elaborate on earlier, is just manned by a few and everything is exposed to the elements.  Everyone just gives their receipts to get on it almost seems like its a bus station.
11:15AM  My flight took off.
12PM I arrived at Puerto Ordaz. I took a taxi to Orinokia Mall, which was a 10 minute walk away.  I changed 10 USDs for 300 VEFs with a Cantonese man.   On the way back to the mall, I realized I better buy my ticket first and walked back to the station.  I didn't realize there was a bus that went directly to Boa Vista.  They had tickets but sold out.
3PM  I had some Venezuelan dish for 160 VEFs.  I ran into some Venezuelan travelers who helped me out of the woods when I was lost.  They suggested me a Venezuelan restaurant.  For just over 5 USDs, there were steak, chicken, yuca and a soda.  I had mousse cake and another melon shake afterwards to prepare for the road.


Movies at the Mall

 So why are there so many people at the bank?

5PM  I returned to the station but didn't leave until 9PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment