Tuesday, August 27, 2013

July 4th, 2013 Paramaribo

3AM My alarm woke me up but the bus wasn't here at 3:45 and I was feeling uneasy. There was a missed call at 3:15. I woke Tina's friend, who woke her up to return the missed call.
4:30AM I woke Tina again to get the call, which finally came at 5:15. The van was rather empty with just 3 passengers other than me.
9AM I arrived at the border to take the ferry to Suriname. Fortunately, I did get the 25 USDs tourist card in Miami, because it is definitely required.  If I hadn't had it, they would have made me go back and get it at G/town.



4PM We drove for about 4 hours after getting through the border at noon. The bus didn't want to drop me off at Yahzaaf's so we stopped near the center of the colonial buildings at 5PM.









6PM Yahzaaf drove to pick me up. He lives on top the autoworld building with huge woofs with high ceilings.
9PM He talked me into going to one of his Muslim meetings. They read Kuran and served Indonesian food and cake for the birthday girl. I found later from him that they were reading Arabic without even knowing the Arabic meaning.  Allah appreciates just the reading?
 Muslim meeting





No comments:

Post a Comment