Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day 6: HCMC to Bangkok

I said goodbye to Tu at 7 AM after having breakfast (beef noodles).
In the morning, I went to HCMC police at about 8 AM. They then wrote me a report and refused to do anything beyond. I got to VNPT, which is again supposed to be their post office, and spent about 2 hours trying to get something out of them based on the information I have (the time of the call and my phone number). They were trying to be helpful first. But when I yelled at them at the top of my lungs and invaded their lunch break, they said that they did not know who has the record and asked me to leave. The security guard was weak but I realized I was not getting anywhere and left at 12:30 PM.

I met a 19 year old girl on the bus. I asked her to sit down next to me. She was having a red eye infection. Though she was sick, she was still cute and looked like the girl I was looking for. I knew she was not. Through another passenger who worked in the city and spoke a little English, I asked her whether she liked me and she said yes and that I am handsome. I showed her my banner and she said that she does not recognize the girl. She did not have email and left her number. I asked if she was going to call me. She took a moment and shook her head to say it is too expensive. I laughed out loud and nodded. I was never going to have anything to do with a cute 19 year old because I am on a mission. I do, however, truly appreciate her honesty.

花者自嘲
是呀是呀
先覺人人都如你
后方知
原乃
巧段笑影映人人

I went back to Binh Chanh for a final try. I stopped somewhere and made 20 copies of my banner and posted them on poles. They were probably all taken off by now either by human force or rain, perhaps even within the first hour. I had to try. I could not finish within time because I only had an half hour before I had to go on my flight. I left with 5 copies and the original at 3 PM. Accidentally, I got on a bus that was supposed to get to HCMC in 3 hours, which would have been way late. Immediately after we were in city boundary, I got on a taxi which took around 45 minute to get to the airport at 4:00 PM. I even thought about throwing the paper banner to another bus but could not do it. I left one on the ground somewhere but that is really the end. I fought until the last dog died.

It was raining and flooding in HCMC the two days when I was there.

眾又大笑道

麗人不曉也

汝不如

踏鵲追疾星

年年有時見

花者強道

到頭那一天

終歸二處

夢里陰間

No comments:

Post a Comment