Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 4: The poster is gone.

I changed my routine because I did not know the bus going to Saigon started at 4 instead of 5. So I got to the place at about 4:30 AM with the help from 2 kid bicyclers. One was a teenager while the other is about my age. The little one carried my luggage in front of his seat and kept up with us. I missed the very first bus at 4 AM but I highly doubt she was on that one considering the second one only had a few bodies in it. I kept up until about 11 AM before I realized that it was going to be over. I anticipated disappointment, despair and resistance to cope. I had all of this. At 2, I was breaking. The station manager asked me to remove the banner from the wall, which was placed there on the second day. I was teary.

行者又曰

此地有微浪有星有月
吾雖也有惜憐有知己
隔時華流光失風化來
但卻無人同痛陪洵涕

邊覽秀麗處
柔容揮不散
苦行何方續
遍地是傷心

The rest was even less pleasant. I went to the police, who were somewhat helpful by offering me a note so that their “post office” can track the phone call placed by the girl to me. Their post office were full of a bunch of heartless pricks instead. I was also wrong about the police too. They ended up betraying me and told the post office people not to cooperate with me. That was end of my last hope. The information is somewhere accessible by someone. I was just a thousand miles from it. I paid the driver about 58,000 VND and left all of it. When speaking to a girl in the bus about my search, I choked up. I guess this is the end. I realized that I have not had someone ever respond to me this way. I do not regret any part of this but this is the end of my rope.

Don't ask me how old those buns are. She sells the same ones for the whole day.
One of the security officers wanted a photo with me. The bastard's friend made me take the banner down.

1 comment: