Monday, September 25, 2017

February 25th, 2017 Taipei, Taiwan

12:18AM I got back to take what I think was the second to last train this morning. I walked tot he Chiang Kai-shek Memorial. The gate had no lights on and it was still raining so I walked back and slept.

7AM I guess I was never determined enough to go to Xiangshan. At dawn. I left around 7:30AM. It rained pretty hard. I don't think it was at all worth it and I was about 2 blocks away from Taipei 101 but stopped because I thought it wasn't worthwhile anyway.




9:30AM I took the train back to Yongkang Street. The first Dintaifung is here. I had 5 cucumber dumplings and a side dish for 240 TWD and they charged 10% service tax, cash only.

11AM I took the next MRT to Danshui. There was going to be no one singing in the rain, so I was told. I walked toward the water and it really did seem so and I took the next train to Taipei main station.

1PM The airport MRT actually didn't require getting a paper ticket on Saturaday, in contrary to what I was told yesterday. I took off straight to Sun Yat-Sen memorial. There is not much here either- only paper duplicates and a big statue. I stayed here until 1:30PM and rushed back to the hostel.  I got back at 2 and ran back and got in at 2:10PM, one minute before 2:11PM, when my 24 hour pass expired.






2:30PM I had a tofu pudding and 66 TWD left. So I bought a deluxe 手抓饼 for 45 TWD that had ham and eggs and skipped the cheese, which would have been 50.







4PM I took the last MRT to the airport and stood in line until 6:15PM for over an hour. I was soaked still and it was very cold here. At security they wanted me to check the tripod and I tried again at another line. They stopped me again to make me check it. The airline said I should drop the tripod because the check in fee was too much. Are they stupid? Do they think tripods are worth only 30 dollars!? I paid with visa and sat in the premium lounge until the flight left for Singapore at 8:20PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment