Sunday, September 17, 2017

February 21st, 2017 Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei

6AM I am sure I left very early to the airport.
I have proof that it was entirely empty and I had breakfast at the lounge there.

I arrived at Kuala Lumpur at 11AM and went to have lunch at their lounge before taking off for Brunei.









6PM I arrived at Hassanil Bolkiah Mosque. I was very thirsty walking in this sun at this point with no local currency. I went into this shop and exchanged by buying for someone and got back 26.31 (found later it was 26.30). I bought a couple of drinks and walked to the mosque. I was having diarrhea at this point and I used the one in the mosque twice. I took pictures for a while and then hitched another ride from a lady with a driver in a Mercedes to Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque. I didn't realize the Pasar Malam Gadong Market was very close to the Bolkiah Mosque. I missed it entirely. I had to come back to it.








8PM I reached the mosque and took pictures for around 2 hours and I ran into some Americans who were in a group tour with their guest house host. The guest house was full but the girl and the host informed me that there was a guest house next to the Burger King not too far away. I found a young kid to help me find a the guest house. It was 20 BND which is not bad for here. He offered to walk e to Pasam Malam Gadong Marketso we walked together for a whole hour. It was funny that before we reach Pasam Malam we both had to use the bathroom. I think I'm the only one with the traveler's diarrhea. We then walked to the food night market. Honestly, it was horribly oily and gross and I don't know if it's from my travelers diarrhea but I wanted to vomit after tasting the chicken. By great fortune we ran into his friends who gave us rides back so I didn't have to walk back for a whole hour.









10PM I got back to the guest house and took a shower before bed. Their water was not even warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment