Sunday, September 17, 2017

February 22nd, 2017 Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei to Manila, Philippines






5AM I woke up to find the AC to be off and all electricity was off. I took off at 6 to go to the coffee shop next to Coffee Beans and Leaf. I switched out the gross blended coffee they made and got mango juice instead for 5.9 BND. I walked to the Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque again for some pictures. Let me tell you, I hate taking pictures in the heat.  Everything looks blurry and horrible. I can only hope it would turn out okay. I got a blended mocha drink on the way back at Coffee Beans and Leaf for 4.9 BND. I gave him the 0.3 BND that I had and paid the rest by visa. I told the guest house that my power was off and they had no toilet paper. They offered 18 and I said 15 and they took it. The bus station wasn't far and it was only a 20 minute wait. It only costs 1 BND and I got to the airport around 10AM. Thank fortunes I am not with AirAsia this time. Royal Brunei has food on board.


2PM I reached Manila. People are relatively friendly here. I took an Uber to Intramuros, the oldest district of Manila, with my luggage. This took a whole hour to get there. A guide spotted me right away and offered to take me for a ride on his tricycle for 300 PHP for every 30 minutes. I found later that this could go down to at least 150 PHP. I ended up paying 20 USD and getting 300 back, which is equivalent to 350 PHP or 7 USD every hour. I thought it was worthwhile because I had the luggage and didn't have to walk with it.




6PM I finished the tour and used the wifi at BamBike to get an Uber back to the airport. I think it took almost 1.5 hours to get back.









9PM I got a small hot chocolate and caramel coffee for 175 PHP. They charged me 265 PHP for someone else's purchase and gave me 90 PHP back because the minimum was 200 PHP. I called a dive shop with Google voice and they wanted 100 USD for 2 boat dives. I looked it up and couldn't find precise pricing. He recommended against diving and flying within 24 hours. I looked it up and it should be okay after 12 hours. I slept an hour on the chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment