Saturday, March 11, 2023

November 3rd, 2022 Funafuti, Tuvalu to Suva, Nadi then Auckland, New Zealand

6AM I woke and watched some more House of the Dragon and took a shower. I got a little anxious by 10:30AM and went down to speak to the Health Task Force workers. Michelle was the one who handed out the PCR test results and said she has been texting “them”, who will come later to pick me up.


11:05AM A truck finally arrived and they wanted to pick up my check-in luggage and passport only. I waited around until 11:45AM when some lady with an umbrella finally strolled in to pick me up.

12:00PM We walked to the tarmac and I waited for my passport to arrive before boarding. The plane took off around 12:25AM. The Chinese sitting in the row in front of me talked about how his group has been setting up antennas for the nearby islands. He said they hired a private plane to get here and they are on the way back to China via Fiji, Singapore, and Thailand.

2:35PM We arrived at SUV. I had to pick up luggage and the lady at check-in allowed me to use her shared Wi-Fi to apply for the New Zealand NZETA. I had to upload a new photo from the computer because it had otherwise been too bright. I checked in at around 3:30PM. There was no Wi-Fi at the departure gate.

5:30PM We departed on time for NAN. I arrived at NAN and I then went to the International Terminal. After spending 30 minutes at the lounge, I boarded the plane leaving at 7:30PM. We arrived 20 minutes past 11PM local time in New Zealand.

No comments:

Post a Comment