Saturday, March 11, 2023

December 19th, 2022 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia to Asmara, Eritrea

 8AM I had breakfast and they drove me to the airport.

12PM I had no issues this time getting out. There was no COVID test required like they had in 2020. My flight left for Addis Ababa at 12:20PM. My flight arrived just past 5PM. The people are very calm here. There were no taxi hagglers. I got a ride from Kibri from Asmara, who I learned works out of Ethiopia.

7PM I arrived at my AirBNB but it was nowhere to be found. I called and no one answered. I called Kibri for help and he asked me to go to Hotel Khartoum. I exchanged some money there as there is no ATM or Visa use in this country.

Impero Cinema a block away from Hotel Khartoum



9PM I walked around Asmara. It is a small town. The Impero Cinema has a cafe in it. I had a latte at Cinema Roma, which was about 1 mile away.



No comments:

Post a Comment