Saturday, March 11, 2023

December 20th, 2022 Out of Asmara, Eritrea

7AM I woke to take a shower. There was no hot water. They brought up some warm water for the shower. I was surprised. The climate is not that hot up here for winter. After showering, I walk to the Impero Cinema for some photos and I had a latte at the Asmara Sweet Cafe. I walked to Cathedral Our lady of the Rosary. 

10AM I ran into Kibri and his friend, who drove me to breakfast. They then drove me to the mountains for the Italian cemetery. We then came down for ice cream. 

We then went lunch. Bluebird Restaurant was closed so we went to a very old Italian restaurant in the town center for some fish.

Fish for lunch


3PM We went to Asmara Bowling Alley for a game. Next, we went to Fiat Tagliero for some photos.

   Inside Cinema Roma

5PM We lastly went to a plane graveyard.


8PM We went for some quick takeout and some drinks at a local bar. They then drove me to the airport.

10PM I waited around for 1 hour before they let people into the airport for the 11:50PM flight to Istanbul.



No comments:

Post a Comment