Wednesday, December 29, 2021

December 19th, 2021 Al Ula to Riyadh, to Hofuf, Saudi Arabia

6AM I woke to go to the Elephant Rock. On the way there, I stopped by Winter Park when I saw the moon setting. It was enormous. However, I barely caught it with the drone.


8AM I went flying the drone nearby the Elephant Rock. I then headed to Marsha Social. They had an event there but I was able to get some pictures in.


Maraya Social

9:05AM I flew the drone near the Old Town.

9:35AM I picked up Paoula from the hotel and headed to the airport. I couldn't find any gas stations that would take credit cards. I returned the car 7/8 full. Paula paid 90 SAR for the 1/8 tank and overage fee. We were supposed to be under 400 kilometers for the two days and we were at 515 miles.

Regional airport with carpet!

11AM The flight was a little late. We left for Riyadh at about 11:25AM. 

12:30PM We arrived at Riyadh. We waited for our luggage at the baggage claim for an hour. We then hitched at a ride from a passenger whose name is Tommy to the train station. He revealed that he is actually the one who organized MDLBEAST concert.

2:30PM We arrived at the bus station after 45 minutes in the car. I found a car taxi option for 300 SAR. The bus was leaving at 3PM for 144 SAR total. Paoula paid for it. She regretted her decision immediately after she got on the bus.

7PM We arrived at Hofuf. We took an Uber around town for 1.5 hours to try to find the Europcar rental. We couldn't find it and eventually gave up to go to the hotel instead.

9PM We arrived at Al Koot Heritage Hotel. The hotel was authentically decorated. A local man took me around town to show me the car rental services and the train station. I got back in half an hour and we ate at Dar Basma.

Dar Basma, Al Ahsa

No comments:

Post a Comment