Friday, February 18, 2022

February 8th, 2022 Lagos, Nigeria

11AM I arrived at Lagos Airport. Exiting the airport was fast and I had to walk out of the airport for about 10 minutes to grab an Uber. I had to do that because none of the Uber drivers wanted to pay for parking.

12PM I arrived at Choppers Hotel. I left my luggage there and tried to take another Uber to take a COVID test. My driver was “arrested” and taken to the police station to pay for driving in the wrong direction on a one-way street. I then took a bus to the Ikeje area for the COVID test.

2PM They told me that my testing date is supposed to be 2 days from now. I went to the Yellow Chili restaurant for a stewed fish and snail. I went back to the testing site at 3:30PM. I worked with someone there and she finally modified the arrival date to 2 days ago so I could get tested.

Yellow Chili Restaurant

4:30PM I finally walked back to the train tracks and took 2 buses sequentially to get to the Marina. The Freedom Park seemed very lackluster so I decided not to pay to get in. I got a haircut for 1,000 NIR. I then walked to the Cathedral Church of Christ, which was closed anyway.

Cathedral Church of Christ

6PM I started heading back but the bus was stuck on the Third Mainland Bridge, the longest bridge for an hour and I spent over an hour on the bus before arriving at Oshodi. I fell in a ditch and got a small scrape on my right upper arm.

8PM I got some ice and finished the soft drinks I brought from Turkish Lounge in IAD. I bought a Fanta and started listening to the Regulation Chapter. I went to bed at 1AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment