Friday, February 18, 2022

February 10th, 2022 Bangui, Central African Republic to Niamey, Niger

5:45AM I woke and walked to the Notre Dame of Bangui Cathedral and then to the Boganda National Museum, which was closed. I then picked up my bags and left 21 USD and 2,000 XAF for the restaurant owner. I kept 2,000 XAF for the taxi. Taxi drivers wanted 3,000 XAF to go to the airport. I took a motorbike and asked to go to La Grande Mosquee. I snapped a photo and stayed at the door for 10 seconds because I was getting close to the 1 hour check-in time mark. With just 15 minutes to go, I asked the driver to drive quickly to the airport. I got through without a problem but everyone was asking for money. Even the customs wanted 10 USD and a Chinese guy came to give me 1,000 XAF. We both got through and then boarded at 8:45AM. We stopped at Douala, Cameroon for a 40 minute stop to load new passengers before continuing to Lome, Togo.

At the Chinese Restaurant

11:20AM We arrived at Togo. I waited and boarded the flight for Douala. I don’t think I have ever had 4 separate flights in 1 day. I have had longer flights altogether but usually with much longer layovers. I arrived at Burkina Faso at 10:15AM.

6PM I arrived at Cote Jardin. The garden was nice and so was the lamb.

Cote Jardin

7PM I then walked to the Chamber L’hotes Bellevue where the AirBNB is. It took Charlotte the host 30 minutes to arrive but her employee let me in the room. We went out to get a surge protector for her room and a sim card for me. She paid 1000 XOF and also for my sodas. The sim card took a couple of tries to work but it did work eventually.

12AM I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment