Monday, April 26, 2021

April 24th, 2021 Khartoum, Sudan

8AM Hashi got a taxi from the local app to the University of Khartoum. The university is old and pretty.


University of Khartoum


Al Kabir Grand Mosque

10AM We walked to the Al Kabir Grand Mosque and then to Corinthia Hotel, which is the best hotel here in Sudan. We sat here for a few. It was 40 degrees Celsius outside.


Corinthia Hotel

12PM We finally reached the National Museum of Sudan. It is closed inside for renovations but there were three outdoor relics that remained open. Some of it was reportedly from 1500 BC¸ 3600 years ago. Some of the colored paint is still visible.

Painted wall from 1500 BC

Paint still remains!

Outside the National Museum of Sudan

12:15PM We returned to Lantian Hotel. Much of the day was nothing, just sitting on the couch as the manager would not let me stay in the room after 3PM without booking another day. The Hawasha Hospital CEO was coming this way for groceries and delivered my negative COVID test at 6PM

8PM I found some random person to drive me to the airport for 300 SDG. When I finally got to the Turkish Airline counter, the agent wanted to get a registration. I had to walk out of the airport some 200 meters to another office. They first said I have issues with Corinthia Hotel as they needed to confirm that they were my sponsor. One of the chiefs decided to let me go. I paid 5 USD and got back into the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment