Monday, April 26, 2021

April 23rd, 2021 Pyramids of Meroe to Khartoum, Sudan

6AM We left for the Pyramids. It was very good from the distance. There were great relics and very accessible though I didn’t know significance. I got a 500 SDG camel ride between the two pyramid sites. When we got out, I had to pay for a 5000 SDG ticket.






The pyramids is well preserved inside.

8AM We left for Naga archeological site and Musawwarat. There was no road there. It was half an hour on just dessert. They were almost next to each other. After half an hour, we took off for Khartoum. The driver and I eventually agreed on 450 USD, 50 more than the original cost due to the fact that he had to line up for diesel.








The driver killed a sheep while driving.

I agreed to give 10 locals a ride outside the Musawwarat.

12PM We got back to Khartoum. The driver didn’t want to drive anymore to the hospital for a new COVID test. I had to get a rickshaw of my own to the Hawasha Hospital. I got the COVID test for 530 CNY. They sent me back to Lantian Hotel at 5PM.

7:30PM I went to Fish Wok after exchanging some CNY with some sales person I met at Lantian Hotel. The Saj al Samak or Fish Wok close by was closed. I got the takeout from Saj al Samak on 41st street and got back at 9PM. Even the fish was dry after being grilled.



Saj al Samak, or Fish wok


This was way too dry.


No comments:

Post a Comment