Monday, April 26, 2021

April 21st, 2021 Juba, South Sudan to Khartoum, Sudan

5AM I woke but went back to sleep and didn’t leave until around 11AM. I would have taken the room for free 10 years ago but I left 20 USD and 15 CNY just as a tip.


Beijing Juba Hotel

Main Mosque

12PM I took a motorbike to get the COVID certificate. I then took the same one to the mosque before getting to the airport. We agreed on 2 USD but he then wanted 3 USD. I was ganged up on again by these despicable people and eventually gave him 4 USD. They threatened to take me to the station and I had no time to waste and didn’t want to risk missing the flight. I exchanged 5 USD for 2500 SSD at a loss. I had to pay a “transit” tip for 5 USD just get past another round of tip men. When I got to the gate, the man helping wanted more money and I just told him I am not paying him anymore.

1PM I got to the gate at 1PM and had to wait until take off at 3:30PM. We weren’t on board until 4PM.

6PM We arrived. The immigration officers made us wait for another half an hour as they came back from Ramadan. Samuel picked me up and sent me to departure gates. I wanted to know if I needed another COVID test to back home but Turkish Airline was not going to come until 9PM.


Someone who had trauma was being transferred to Khartoum on this Badr flight.

7PM I asked Samuel to send me to the Chinese Restaurant near the airport. I took a room for 259 CNY. They made me some spicy noodles that gave me diarrhea the next day.



No comments:

Post a Comment