Saturday, February 13, 2021

January 23rd, 2021 Santo Domingo, Dominica Republic to Port-au-Prince, Haiti



5AM I took an Uber to the airport. I met Maud, who working for an NGO in Haiti. She informed me that downtown, where I was staying at, was not safe and recommended me to go to Petion Ville instead. My flight was supposed to leave at 7:50AM but did not until 30 minutes later. 



8AM We arrived in less than an hour and Haiti was also behind by an hour. I then took a 10 USD taxi to Park Hotel, which was this very old and quaint hotel built 100 years ago. I then took a motorbike to Petion Ville. I definitely overpaid at 5 USD. I had a Mocha frappe and then had some skewered shrimp at Le Coin des Artistes. I paid 4 USD to back but likely could have gotten away with less. I did get the motorbike to pass by the Sainte Anne Church and then the Notre Dame Cathedral ruins. It was closed. I was determined the following morning.

Church in front of Place Saint-Pierre


Le Coin des Artistes

10PM Air conditioning did work in the room but was off for most of the night. There was also a mosquito that bothered me all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment