Thursday, March 12, 2020

January 2nd, 2020 Upper Hutt to Wellington, ferry to Picton, to Christchurch, New Zealand

4AM We woke to go to the ferry station at Wellington. The ferry left at 6:16AM and took three and half hours and arrived at 9:46AM. I started driving from Picton toward Kaikoura. I looked for the stiff cliffs but couldn't find it at the whale watch area. It was getting late so we had lunch at Cooper's Catch. It was pretty bad given that we waited for nearly an hour.

Ferry from Picton to Kaikourna


Cooper's catch

2PM We listened to an older couple who lived on the coastal drive. They told us to walk along the train tracks and soon, we arrived at Haumuri Bluff and I walked onto some private properties. However, I then started walking back because I couldn't find the cliffs.






7PM We drove through Christchurch to Akaroa. It was very foggy and Helen got antsy with me driving. We headed back soon and didn't get back to Christchurch until 9:30PM. We had dinner at Mumbaiwala and went to plan the rest of the trip at the AirBNB. I talked to Kirstin for 30 minutes before going to bed.



Mumbaiwala, with a Indian train themed bathroom




No comments:

Post a Comment