Wednesday, January 1, 2020

December 26th, 2019 Tarawa, Kiribati

6:30AM I arrived at Nadi. I wasted some time waiting in the international transfer line, only to find out that they would ask me to get to the Fiji Link service desk at the domestic terminal. I haggled and begged to be placed on the Tawara flight instead. I was just going to skip this altogether if they didn't let me. They let me on for free and their flight waited for me to leave at 7:30AM. I am responsible for the return flight on Nauru Airline myself.

7:30AM We took off for Tarawa.

11AM I moved to the exit row and spoke to this Chinese guy working at the embassy. I shared some of my travel stories. After landing, a girl helped me to check out a guest house close by. It was 70 AUD. I wanted to check out the rest of the island before settling on where to stay. I took a bus until the Betio area which is the end of Atoll and then decided to stay at Mary's Lodge. I saw some foreigners there the first time I walked by.

Green beach with Japanese turret

1PM I took the bus back to the Betio area to check out the Green Beach, which had this Japanese Turret. I then exchanged some money using my visa at Moel Trading. I then took the bus to Koakoa's corner, which was closed for that day and the next few days. I asked them as well as Fema Lodge who had the better seafood and decided to have dinner back at Mary's.


Half cooked tuna

7PM It was unimpressive and I went to sleep after a few episodes of Fargo, Season 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment