Wednesday, January 1, 2020

December 28th, 2019 Tarawa, Kirabati to Nauru

8:30AM The staff at Mary's Lodge wanted to charge me the 5% Visa fee they forgot to charge yesterday. I also needed more cash for today so I suggested going to Moel Trading to do more Visa exchanges. The girl staff took me there and I was there until 9:30AM and got about 180 AUD. She drove me back and then to the airport.

11AM The check-in line took about 40 minutes. I caught up with the Chinese family again. They had new tickets and promise to pay the Visa arranged when we arrive Nauru. We boarded without issues at 1PM for Nauru. It took an hour to get to Majuro. After an hour of taxing, we left for Nauru. We arrived at 5PM.


Arrival at Nauru

6PM I hitched a ride on the shuttle bus from Menen Hotel. I then got a short ride to Abihare, which was operated by Chinese people. I got another stir fried tuna and it was just like what had been eating for the past few days. Next, I walked to the pier where many children were swimming in this protected swimming cove.




Tuna at Abihare







7PM I got tired of waiting and took the bus southward. It didn't go around the island though. It went up to the refuge camps and I took another bus to the AirBNB next to the airport. The owner Matthew is a past minister and well known to the locals. He wasn't there but it was a family home.


Around island bus coming out of camp 3

9PM I paid with AirBNB and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment