Tuesday, March 21, 2017

February 17th, 2017 Singapore


9AM I arrived at Changi Airport. There were so many good lounges. I sold access to lounges with my priority pass to an Indian guy for 30 SGD. A nice lady helped me print out my Sri Lanka visa, which was just a couple lines and didn't even fill the page. I then bought what I thought was a package deal for the garden and the observatory deck. This ended up falling through since they wanted me to go there physically to retrieve it.



1PM I toured the garden and the cloud forest, which were mediocre with the glass and everything. I stored my luggage here.




4PM I arrived at Marina Bay Sands, which is about the tallest building out here. It is also the most magnificent building here. It took some engineering ingenuity to build these three buildings with a ship platform between and an infinity pool also.




6PM I went to the mall and checked out a Patek for the first time. I then dozed off for maybe 15 minutes before sneaking in after hours for the M.C. Escher exhibition. It would have costed 17 SGD.

7:15PM I was late to meet Andrew.  We had some unimpressive street food, fried oysters and some Hainan chicken.


9PM Andrew drove me back to the garden. I took some pictures along the way. By the way, since I had already stored my luggage in a locker earlier, I didn't have to drag it along with me when I needed a hand for the tripod. I then walked all the way back to the super tree to retrieve my luggage. It was miles. I must have walked forever, too. I got back to the mall at 11:20ish, asked for a cup of water from Starbucks for my Airborne. I got to Bugis for my bus to Kuala Lumpur at midnight.







No comments:

Post a Comment