Thursday, September 5, 2013

July 7th, 2013 Macapa

5AM We arrived at Macapa and the bank still only allowed me to withdraw 300 BRLs. The Brazilian man told me to wait until 6AM. We sent the woman and her child to a hotel and then waited next to a bank while watching the sun rise at 6. I finally got 700 BRLs out and paid him.




Anaconda



Breakfast

6:30AM He unloaded his live crabs and then for 10 BRLs from the three of us, he sent us to Santana. I took a picture with him. He said he is a former policeman.


10AM We bought tickets for 150 BRLs. I insisted on not having an hammock. We waited 3 hours before leaving. I got a little sick, first with the left nostril, then the sinuses. I didn't want to drink the shared water but did finally. I later found that there was free water. I played a cat and mouse game with a 18 year old.






8PM I got a cup noodle for 5 BRLs. I slept on a chair and filled the plastic cup with water and got up to urinate about every 45 minutes or so. I must have done this at least 6 times during the the night. Amazingly, this with some aspirin and ibuprofen at least took care of the sore throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment